Updated: March 30, 2020
Halifax Harbour Bridges (HHB) is closely monitoring the evolving impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) and following the directives from provincial and federal health authorities to adjust our operations.
We are taking the following precautions to protect employees, contractors and the public:
- 77% of all crossings are made with MACPASS eliminating any contact.
- If you pay cash to cross the bridge try to have exact change to avoid the service lane. It’s $1 for a regular passenger vehicle. The coin baskets accept loonies, toonies and quarters but not pennies, nickels and dimes. The coin baskets do not make change.
- Toll booth operators in open service lanes are required to wear gloves and change them regularly, have ready access to hand sanitizer and protective eye wear. All work spaces are being cleaned at least twice a day – more frequently for high traffic areas.
- Get a MACPASS. It is less expensive ($.80 versus $1 for a regular passenger vehicle) than cash and you avoid stopping in the toll lanes.
- Order MACPASS on-line at macpass.com or call 902.463.3100 and it will be mailed to your home.
While the number of crossings on the Macdonald and MacKay bridges is down considerably since the pandemic began, there are no plans to stop collecting tolls at this time. HHB is a commission of the provincial government and receives no funding from government. All toll revenue is dedicated to the maintenance, capital projects and administration of the bridges.
All penalties for overdrawn MACPASS accounts have been waived.
We will continue to monitor our response to ensure it reflects the mandate of HHB with the unprecedented times in which operate.
MACPASS Customer Service Centre
Effective Tuesday, March 17 the MACPASS customer service centre at 471 Princess Margaret Blvd in Dartmouth closed. Employees continue to process orders over the phone and process on-line orders 8:30am-5:30pm Monday to Friday.
If you planned to visit the customer service centre you can do the following:
- Order MACPASS on-line at macpass.com or call 902.463.3100
- If you pay your MACPASS account using cash you will not be able to come to the customer service centre to put money on your account. Please consider one of these options:
- Transfer money to your account using on-line banking (allow 2-3 business days for processing)
- Pay directly to your account using a credit card, Visa debit or MasterCard debit at macpass.com
- Put a credit card on your account at macpass.com
- Pay using pre-approved debit (call customer service to set up)
Please call 902.463.3100 if you have any questions.